That's not what I meant!

Public (no password required) forum for discussion anything about Trailer Sailing or about our club, the North East Trailer Sailors
Aquaholic
tadpole
Boat_year: 1982
Boat Make: Delete this account
DSC_number: 0

That's not what I meant!

Post by Aquaholic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 pm

I was telling my neighbor about how much I love my Navionics mobile app (for lots of reasons but we were specifically talking about the accuracy of depths indicated on SonarCharts and how community edits play a big part in the fact that they are the most up to date charts that you can get. Anyway, I guess he checked the depth before trying to drive on the lake just to make sure he wouldn't be in water deeper than his vehicle! :)
Attachments
SUV in lake.jpg

Tsatzsue
sailfish
Boat_year: 1977
Boat Make: Macgregor
Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue

Re: That's not what I meant!

Post by Tsatzsue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 am

That rots!! Jeff Segal from Active Captain has stated that the sonar charts do not seem to be accurate. He is testing. That was for the inter coastal waterway. I still love the app. Knowing that they are from the Cape is cool.

Ken B.

CMDRE - NETS

Tidmore
tadpole
Boat_year: 1981
Boat Make: None
Boat_Model: 26X
Boat_Name: Mary

Re: That's not what I meant!

Post by Tidmore » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:42 am

Tfsatzsue wrote:That rots!! Jeff Segal from Active Captain has stated that the sonar charts do not seem to be accurate. He is testing. That was for the inter coastal waterway. I still love the app. Knowing that they are from the Hydromax X50 website https://www.the5x5project.com/hydromax- ... ew-results Cape is cool.

Ken B.

CMDRE - NETS
Amazing the car can still run underwater.