Active Captain and EBoat cards

Public (no password required) forum for discussion anything about Trailer Sailing or about our club, the North East Trailer Sailors
Tsatzsue
sailfish
Boat_year: 1977
Boat Make: Macgregor
Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue
DSC_number: 0

Active Captain and EBoat cards

Post by Tsatzsue » Wed May 15, 2013 10:37 am

I have been using a great program called Active Captain on my home computer and on an android app called Nuticharts lite. Both are awsome resources for location data and electronic charts. They have now released a version of a social network tool for boaters. Pretty neat called EBoat Cards. Worth checking out. It looks to be a great way to see who is out and about.

I was intregued with the power available on cell phones for navigation. I have been using Navionics for a couple years now and find it facinating. Works as good as a full blown chart plotter. We sailed from sagamore Beach to Barnstable in dense fog and it was possible due to the app. One last app that I use is My Anchor watch. Really cool. It will actually send a text message if the boat is moving and the alarm is activated. Works mint. I look farward to seeing members on the water. I am ready to fly the Burgee!

OverEasy
dolphin

Re: Active Captain and EBoat cards

Post by OverEasy » Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 am

Bring your burgee & boat up to the Winning Rdvz this weekend!

Tsatzsue
sailfish
Boat_year: 1977
Boat Make: Macgregor
Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue
DSC_number: 0

Re: Active Captain and EBoat cards

Post by Tsatzsue » Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 am

I have a Wedding on Saturday. Brutal summer on time and money. Three weddings and five birthdays this month. The wedding is in Marshfield and I tried to talk the admiral into bringing the boat. No luck. Hotel room instead for $200! Allen Harbor is in the plan though although we may have a different itinerary - Newport and remote anchor somewhere. We will be getting there on Friday and will be at the meeting at 9:00. I need to get a pic nect to the Mac 25 hall of fame plaque. Fort Adams Sailing Museum.