Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue
DSC_number: 0

2016 Spring Meeting

Post by Tsatzsue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:15 am

Commodore’s Address 3/16/16
Ken Boutiette NETS Cmdre

Happy springtime!
I hope all of you had a great off season. With the mild weather up here in New England it as easy to imagine the rolling waves of Buzzards Bay under the keel.
Well the cover is coming off this weekend and the preparations for sailing will be under way. We trailer sailors seem to have our share of to doo’s. The trailer seems to add more moving parts and can shut down a planned adventure suddenly. I know this first hand!! Don’t forget to give your trailer a little kiss this season while you rub your boat’s belly.

Our spring club meeting will on April 23, 2016 and at Paul and Millie’s in Marion. The address is 13 Edgewater Lane, Marion, MA 02738. I will send out a follow up with the meeting time. I am thinking noon start meeting at 1:00 pm. We will have some hot food to munch on but anything you bring (food, drinks) will be welcome. Even spray cheese! Meeting times to be confirmed.
It was a tough winter for some of us. I can personally account for that. With winter behind us we have all the more reason to get immersed in getting the boat ready and talking sailing with friends. It will be good to see all.

Topics to be discussed will be:

• Officer Burgees. Paul has ordered them. Burgees are still for sale and can be purchased at the meeting.

• Dues are due and can be paid on pay pal on our site. I will be sending a separate e-mail out for that.

• Web site work.

• Rendezvous. Nail down the rest of the dates, locations and who is to run which ones.

• Any topics that you want to bring up will be welcome.
With that said I can’t wait to make some more sailing stories and to dive into the adventures in front of us. I just had my sails reconditioned at Sail Care and they came out great so be prepared to be shown up!! No wrinkles means the Tsatzsue will be even faster! New lines as well.

I can’t wait to see you all at the meeting, on the water or even by e-mail. Please remember to use the web site. Not all are on social media and those who are not may miss out on conversations. Post pics, stories, plans etc.. I have started a little tarn about sailing phrases and how they came to be part of our everyday language. Just some fun stuff. Get involved!!

See you on the 23rd.

Happy Sailing!!
Ken Boutiette
Cmdre
North East Trailer Sailors
Kbmech44@gmail.com