Martha's Vineyard Sailing?

Public forum - Post your individual sailing (not club rendezvous) experiences, reports, and pictures here!
diveChick
guppy
Boat_year: 2007
Boat Make: Beneteau
Boat_Model: 393
Boat_Name: Free Spearit
DSC_number: 0

Martha's Vineyard Sailing?

Post by diveChick » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:17 am

I'm planning a trip to Martha's Vineyard in the summer. I've been there via airplane but I have not had the pleasure of sailing there. It looked amazing when I was there for sailing. After checking out the charts it looks like the nautical terrain is nice for anchoring and for sailing:

What anchorages are your favorite? How long would you plan to sail around Martha's Vineyard?
Thanks for the suggestions!

Tsatzsue
sailfish
Boat_year: 1977
Boat Make: Macgregor
Boat_Model: V25
Boat_Name: Tsatzsue

Re: Martha's Vineyard Sailing?

Post by Tsatzsue » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:40 am

Welcome aboard DiveChick!

The Vineyard is awesome. I have sailed to and anchored in Lake Tashmoo several times. Really cool place with plenty of anchorage available. I have also sailed to Menemsha. Good anchorage just outside of the harbor but can be bumpy. To the North on the island is uncharted for me. I hope to get there this year. Tarpaulin Cove s cool on Nashaun. It's all good. Can get pretty windy in the sound and Buzzards Bay.

Check out some of the sailing pics on the site, There are some great pics from Tashmoo.

Ken B.
Cmdre - NETS

diveChick
guppy
Boat_year: 2007
Boat Make: Beneteau
Boat_Model: 393
Boat_Name: Free Spearit

Re: Martha's Vineyard Sailing?

Post by diveChick » Fri May 06, 2016 8:26 am

Tsatzsue wrote:Welcome aboard DiveChick!

The Vineyard is awesome. I have sailed to and anchored in Lake Tashmoo several times. Really cool place with plenty of anchorage available. I have also sailed to Menemsha. Good anchorage just outside of the harbor but can be bumpy. To the North on the island is uncharted for me. I hope to get there this year. Tarpaulin Cove s cool on Nashaun. It's all good. Can get pretty windy in the sound and Buzzards Bay.

Check out some of the sailing pics on the site, There are some great pics from Tashmoo.

Ken B.
Cmdre - NETS
Thanks! I'll check it out. Love the NE sailing so looking forward to having some time out there this summer.